Re: [Quilt-dev] Quilt 0.64 coming soon

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Quilt 0.64 coming soon
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 15:26:50 +0100

Hi Martin,

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 15:40:24 +0100, Martin Quinson wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 12:13:14PM +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > It's been 9 months since quilt 0.63 was released, and there has been
> > quite a few fixes and improvements since then (51 commits and counting)
> > so I think I'll release a new version in the next few days.
>
> That would be a wonderful news, even if I feel bad about not
> finalizing my patches.

I have a lot of pending work too, but I don't think this is a good
reason to delay a release. Everything that doesn't go in this release
can go in the next.

> For example, the one testing the bash completion is neat but not
> functionnal. We had to disable it in debian as it was failing from
> time to time. I won't have the time to improve its state in any
> foreseable future, so if you feel like giving it a shoot, that'd be
> great. If not, then testing the completion scripts is definitely not a
> release blocker.
>
> http://sources.debian.net/src/quilt/0.63-3/debian/patches/test-completion/
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/index.php?8448

Well I reviewed this patch of yours but did not get any feedback:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/quilt-dev/2014-06/msg00014.html
As long as my concerns are not addressed, I won't look further into it,
sorry.

SUSE L3 Support