Re: [RP] Mouse Pointer is now always a watch.

From: shawn
Subject: Re: [RP] Mouse Pointer is now always a watch.
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 22:35:34 -0700

>Hi,
>
>I just instlled Ratpoison, comming from Gnome 1.2 and a sawfish setup.
>Ratpoison works great and is extreemly simple, which is what I wanted, but
>my mouse pointer is now always a watch (please wait pointer).  If I'm in
>xterm the pointer is a text selector bar which is normal, if I'm in
>netscape, and put the mouse over a link, the mouse is a hand, but
>otherwise its a watch (please wait pointer) which is suppose to be the
>standard mouse pointer arrow.
>
>How do I get this 'watch' back to the standard 'mouse point'?

windows can choose to inherit the pointer icon from their parent
window (the root window in most cases). You should check if the watch
is the pointer icon in the root window. Move the mouse somewhere onto
it and see. You can switch to the standard pointer with this command:

xsetroot -solid black -cursor_name left_ptr