Re: [RP] An annoying bug

From: shawn
Subject: Re: [RP] An annoying bug
Date: Sat Dec 29 00:11:02 2001

Martin Samuelsson <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 12:15:38PM -0800, shawn wrote:
> > get a backtrace with 'bt'. you'll probobly want to compile a ratpoison
> > with debugging symbols. use './configure --enable-debug'.
>
> gives the following output:
> #0  0x200002872fc in select@@GLIBC_2.1 () from /lib/libc.so.6.1
> #1  0x12000ca30 in get_event (ev=0x120029e28) at events.c:851

There are some issues in this function (clearly). There are also
problems of duplicate events when the ALRM signal is raised. I'll have
a go at rewriting this function when I'm on a usable 'puter again.

> it seems so, and also it seems like all windows but the current are
> eaten up by something evil. they don't exist any longer when i start a
> new rp. how come? where are they? (the processes are living)

Unfortunately, ratpoison doesn't pick up on windows that have been
iconized. Thinking about it now, there shouldn't be any reason why I
can't check for the withdrawn windows that are iconic and bring them
back when ratpoison boots up and scans for windows...I'd like to see
what other WMs do about this...