RE: [RP] UNMANAGED_WINDOW_LIST

From: Ronny Lam
Subject: RE: [RP] UNMANAGED_WINDOW_LIST
Date: Thu Feb 14 23:27:03 2002

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002, Jonathan Walther wrote:

I do not agree with you, you CAN switch back by lowering the other windows:

`C-t -'
     Select no window, essentially hiding all windows in the current
     frame. (ratpoison.info)

I even disagree with you that using UNMANAGED_WINDOW_LIST is a bad idea.
My conf.h really look like:

#define UNMANAGED_WINDOW_LIST "XMMS","gkrellm","xosview","VMware Workstation"

I can move xmms and gkrellm around even. The other two i cannot move.

> No!  Bad dog!  *thwap* *thwap* *thwap*
>
> Oh, sorry :-
>
> Just don't use UNMANAGED_WINDOW_LIST.  It's a REALLY bad idea.  If you
> switch away from the window, YOU CANNOT SWITCH BACK.

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 10:40:45PM +0100, Ronny Lam wrote:
> >A workaround is to make vmware a non-managed window by putting it in conf.h:
> >
> >#define UNMANAGED_WINDOW_LIST "VMware Workstation"

I saw i forgot to change the subject last time, bad dog, bad subject.

Ronny Lam