Re: [RP] GTK font settings

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: [RP] GTK font settings
Date: Mon Feb 10 09:11:05 2003

I'm using the latest CVS ratpoison.
I've figured out that it isn't a ratpoison problem, though, sorry to
bother everybody.
I started up another window manager (which I only use for
experimental purposes, I assure you), and my font setting were
ignored, whether I started my application from the terminal (rxvt) or
from an icon.
So, in fact, the only way I can get my fonts to be used is to both
  1) Start my application from a terminal and
  2) Use ratpoison
Odd.

Jay

P.S.
I noticed that even in ratpoison, my fonts wouldn't take effect with
xterm, only rxvt.  Finally, I noticed that my .ratpoisonrc file had
alias myterm exec (export LANG=C; rxvt)
For some reason, the default LANG (en.US_UTF8 or something) was
interfering with the fonts.  I added
export LANG=C
to my bash init file, and now everything works as it should.
Still Odd.