Re: [RP] possible bug in 1.2.0-beta3

From: William R Thomas
Subject: Re: [RP] possible bug in 1.2.0-beta3
Date: Fri Apr 11 10:46:09 2003

What font am I using for which? ;)
When I type ratpoison -c 'windows' within my Eterm it is shown using:
-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-*-200-*-*-c-*-iso8859-1

When I display a window list using ratmenu it is using whatever
default font X gives it.

When I am processing the output of ratpoison -c 'windows %n %t' with
perl, it really shouldn't be using any font, and it still has the same
problem.

I am used to things like the copyright symbol going to ? and that is
what happened under older versions of ratpoison with me.  But with the
most recent compile, it seems to blank out the whole string.

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 10:25:34AM -0700, Shawn Betts wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 11:47, William R Thomas wrote:
> > > I upgraded a day or so ago to test an infinite loop bug under SMP for
> > > Sean, and since have stumbled on what might be a new bug.  What it
> > > seems like is if a window has an unknown character in it's title,
> > > nothing shows up in the ratpoison window list.  An example would be to
> > > view http://www.theonering.net/ via Mozilla, and then check the window
> > > listing for ratpoison.  Typically ratpoison displays (depending on
> > > your mozille) "Title - Mozilla" in this case, Title contains the (C)
> > > symbol, and at least for me results in a completely blank entry in the
> > > windows list.
> >
> > Doesn't happen to me.  I get "TheOneRing.net?|blah blah blah", where I'm
> > assuming the ? would be the copyright symbol.
> >
> > Have you tried it in another WM to see if maybe your version of mozilla
> > is blanking out the window title?
>
> Yep, that's what I get too. What font are you using William?
>
> Shawn
>

> This SF.net email is sponsored by: Etnus, makers of TotalView, The debugger
> for complex code. Debugging C/C++ programs can leave you feeling lost and
> disoriented. TotalView can help you find your way. Available on major UNIX
> and Linux platforms. Try it free. www.etnus.com

        William R. Thomas
        Corvar                               address@hidden
        Co-Webmaster                         http://www.theonering.net/
It was a long journey down a rough road, but I trudged on knowing things
would be different if I made this trip.  Finally I made it up to her door,
thinking mainly of the blisters on my feet, and realizing I no longer loved
her.  She was yet a friend, but things were forever changed.  How I shall
mourn the love I left on the roadside.