Re: [RP] what about... (features)

From: Casey Allen Shobe
Subject: Re: [RP] what about... (features)
Date: Wed Apr 23 22:43:14 2003

> You are right, it's part of the features I wanted that I did found in
> the cvs (I was using debian's version, pretty outdated I would guess).
> It's very useful but it doesn't solve the problem completely: it doesn't
> save the window order so when I maximize a window I can't come back
> easily too the same frame setup I was using.

I've often wondered about the possibility of ratpoison having multiple
"desktops", where each desktop could be a frame layout, but the windows
interchangable between...in fact I once tried to get ion working running
several ratpoisons, but ion doesn't work very well (at all) when your
keyboard doesn't have a meta key, and I there would be no way to switch
applications in between ratpoisons, and multiple ratpoisons might not be a
good idea, so I gave up for the time being...

- Casey