Re: [RP] Ratpoison Xinerama patch #4

From: Cameron Patrick
Subject: Re: [RP] Ratpoison Xinerama patch #4
Date: Sun Dec 14 22:48:01 2003

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 07:37:45PM -0800, Shawn Betts wrote:

| Thanks for the patches.

No worries.

| I would also like to see some Xinerama support, since it seems
| multi-monitors is becoming more popular and Xinerama seems to be what
| people are running.

That's 'cos it's better :-)

| I'll have a look at your patch (hopefully this weekend) if it seems
| good I *may* put it in CVS :). I'll have to setup Xinerama first :).

*ping*  A few weekends have passed since you posted that.

And in other news, I have a fourth version of my Xinerama patch.  This
one is a fairly minor bug-fix over the last, and probably the last from
me for quite a while.  I think it's CVS-worthy by now, but then again, I
may be a touch biassed ;-)

- frestore no longer causes ratpoison to crash, although it still only
  restores the frames on the current head
- fixed hide_frame_indicator() so the "Current Frame" message is hidden
  on /all/ screens, rather than just the current one.  (This fixes a
  problem where occasionally the frame indicator would stay up forever.)

And some minor non-Xinerama-specific bug fixes:
- "Current Frame" indicator is displayed when a frame is removed
- Fixed some weirdness with rat warping (the mouse cursor position
  was sometimes not being saved)

I also tested it briefly on a triple-head Xinerama set-up, and it seems
to work properly.

Attached is the patch, and also a cumulative patch with all of my
Xinerama stuff so far, modified so that it applies properly to current
CVS (where the spelling of "receive" has been fixed up).

Cheers,

Cameron.