Re: [RP] RP-EXC The RatPoison Embedded Xterm Console patch

From: twb
Subject: Re: [RP] RP-EXC The RatPoison Embedded Xterm Console patch
Date: Tue Jan 13 23:13:01 2004

Quoth Joshua Neuheisel <address@hidden> on or about Tue, 13 Jan 2004 07:55:46
-0500:
> >| Could you do xterm -e 'evolution ; read' or similar?
> >
> >Or run evolution from within screen.
>
> We could do these, and more.  I just prefer having all my
> window-manager-launched applications dump their output streams in the same
> window.

I have noticed that if you redirect ratpoison (in .xinitrc), all it's spawn get
similarly redirected.

Then do FIFO stuff that I don't grok?

Incidentally, if
        :select == M-x switch-to-buffer
        :other  == M-x mode-line-other-buffer
then what are the emacs commands X and Y such that
        :next   == M-x X;
        :prev   == M-x Y?

-trent

--
<WintrHawk> you know... 100hz is the resonance freq of a chicken head
<WintrHawk> a power company found that out the hard way