Re: [RP] putenv(), setenv(), unsetenv() (was: Fix for ratpoison OpenBSD

From: Matthias Kilian
Subject: Re: [RP] putenv(), setenv(), unsetenv() (was: Fix for ratpoison OpenBSD-Port)
Date: Sun Oct 10 10:32:05 2004

Again, quoting myself :-)

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 03:30:47PM +0200, Matthias Kilian wrote:
> I've tested it on Linux, and I'll test it on OpenBSD later this day.

Unfortunally, setenv()/unsetenv() are also unavoidable leaking on *BSD.
OTH, I did not fully understand why glibc *doesn't* leak.

So for now, we have to live with that leak, regardless of wether
using setenv()/unsetenv() or putenv(). The only workaround would be to
completely manage our own environment, which isn't funny, either (and
may break other things).

Ciao,
        Kili