[RP] command line options broken in CVS

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: [RP] command line options broken in CVS
Date: Mon Oct 18 21:06:15 2004

I just replaced the RP 1.2.1 I had on my school machines with
ratpoison 1.3.1-CVS from today.  I notice some bugs.

 ratpoison -c defbargravity

gives error

 : unknown command 'efbargravity'

I had to run

 ratpoison -c " defbargravity"

to get the result I was looking for.

Also, ratpoison doesn't currently like to print stuff to the command
line; i.e. the .info file is now incorrect when it says

`-c, --command'
     [...]Some commands behave differently when invoked this way.
     Currently the only commands that [behave] differently are the
     `windows' command and some def* commands. Instead of displaying
     the window list in a message window, it is printed to stdout. [...]

The observed behavior tonight is that

 ratpoison -c " windows"

causes the window list to print in the bar.  The old behavior should
be restored if possible, please!

Also, on a seperate note, for some unknown reason,
`ratpoison-defbargravity' is not defined in ratpoison-cmd.el -- I
don't remember whether I patched the file myself on my personal
computer to include that command, but anyway, it might as well ship
with the standard contributed file.

Joe