Re: [RP] 3 new commands

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] 3 new commands
Date: Mon Nov 15 22:10:03 2004

Joe Corneli <address@hidden> writes:

>   Yes, this is true, but not everyone has keypads
>
> One can in theory bind the keysyms to any key (I'm have F1, F2, F3
> for pointer buttons, though I rarely have occasion to use them).

Yep. True. But in any case, rebinding keys to so they line up with
hardcoded keysyms in X is backwards :). No matter because this
functionality can be done with shell scripts.

>   and it's not scriptable.
>
> I think Xnee (http://ratpoison.elektrubadur.se/Xnee) makes all
> keyboard and mouse interactions scriptable.  However, I haven't
> tried this program myself and I'm not sure how complicated the
> scripts can be.

Yeah, I've seen some scripts that move the mouse and click buttons.

There's alse xkeymouse, http://xkeymouse.sourceforge.net/

So should I take them out? They could easily be aliased to

exec xkeymouse ...

I think the only reason to keep them in is convenience.

-Shawn