[RP] Re: ratpoison on PDAs

From: Ryan Yeske
Subject: [RP] Re: ratpoison on PDAs
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 19:46:43 -0800

Sven.Hartrumpf-PdBPhxpS/address@hidden writes:

> Hi all.
>
> Has anybody run ratpoison on some Linux PDA (or similar device)?
>
> I think it would be an ideal combination for PDAs with a small
> keyboard because you typically have no easily usable mouse for

I think so too.

I had a iPaq a couple years ago running GNU/Linux and ratpoison.  It
worked pretty well.  I didn't actually use the thing for PIM stuff,
and got disinterested in it after I got everything up and running
(including a totally stripped down version of emacs).  But ratpoison
definitly can work well on such hardware.

I'd be curious to hear about what kind of stuff you are doing or are
planning to do with ratpoison and handhelds.

Ryan