Re: [RP] keyboardless synergy screen switching?

From: Brian Edmonds
Subject: Re: [RP] keyboardless synergy screen switching?
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 16:15:42 -0800

On 1/3/06, Shawn Betts <address@hidden> wrote:
> take a look at the ratwarp command in the manual. It should be exactly what
> you want.

Thanks, that pretty much did the trick.  (After rolling my own .deb.)
It's really rather odd how it works.  If my mouse cursor is on my
synergy server's screen and I do a banish the cursor goes to the
bottom right of the server's screen, as expected.  When my cursor is
on the client screen, a banish on the server's ratpoison moves the
cursor to the bottom right of the client screen.  Any of the rat
commands on the client ratpoison have no effect (well, the mouse
cursor flashes to the new location, but as soon as you move the mouse
it's immediately back where it started), as the server is apparently
asserting its own view of where the mouse is across the synergy
connection.

I've hacked a script to pretty reliably move the cursor to the active
screen edge, then do a relwarp against it to switch, then do an
approprate warp/banish or two to get the cursor in a sane spot on the
other screen.

Brian.