Re: [RP] keyboardless synergy screen switching?

From: Brian Edmonds
Subject: Re: [RP] keyboardless synergy screen switching?
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 09:16:41 -0800

On 1/3/06, Shawn Betts <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I've hacked a script to pretty reliably move the cursor to the active
>> screen edge, then do a relwarp against it to switch, then do an
>> approprate warp/banish or two to get the cursor in a sane spot on the
>> other screen.
> Could you post it to this list or add it somewhere in the wiki? Others
> may be interested as well.

Sure, I'll attach it to this message.  It really is quite hacky.  I
make use of this with the following two bindings in .ratpoisonrc, the
first on the server, and the second on the client:

bind C-n exec ratpoison-synergy.sh down
bind C-n exec ssh ryoko 'DISPLAY=:0 ratpoison-synergy.sh up'

Note that I do the fselect 1, focusright thing to make sure I'm on my
righthand monitor (the server is dual-head).  I find that when I
banish while a left monitor window is focused the cursor only banishes
to the bottom right of the left monitor, then when I try to push past
the screen edge it doesn't work, for some unknown reason.  The one
second delay in the middle is slightly annoying, but synergy requires
a slight pause to recognize the transition.  Definitely hacky. :)

And like an Xnest, you can end up with a sticky control key if you
don't release it right away (before it pushes past the screen edge).
But that's easy enough to fix when you get back to the original
screen.

Brian.