Re: [RP] race condition when tmpwm returns too fast

From: Bernhard R. Link
Subject: Re: [RP] race condition when tmpwm returns too fast
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 12:23:12 +0200

* Bernhard R. Link <address@hidden> [080526 11:29]:
> Now it sometimes hangs directly or it reacts one time to C-t but then no
> longer and the backtrace is quiberish:
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0xb7f4c410 in ?? ()
> #1  0xbfd11628 in ?? ()
> #2  0x00000000 in ?? ()

Looking a bit at the stack, it seems that this is the select call in
listen_for_events (just interupted by gdb at a position where the stack
trace is not intact).
Ratpoison still reacts to new windows arriving, and after that again reacts
to keys. Unless I switch to the window that was still open before, then
it stops reacting to C-t again. thinking again, I also think that it
does not hang that way when no window is available when the tempwm
terminates. Sending focus events via ratpoison -c also works.

Hochachtungsvoll,
        Bernhard R. Link
--
"Never contain programs so few bugs, as when no debugging tools are available!"
        Niklaus Wirth