[RP] how can I display the current song of bongo player (emacs) in RP's

From: CSM 'illovae' Seldon
Subject: [RP] how can I display the current song of bongo player (emacs) in RP's bar?
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 03:31:18 +0200

Hello,

I've just discovered ratpoison.el for emacs which is available in contrib/
in the source tarball of RP. I'm using bongo player in emacs too and I
thought that I will be able to use ratpoison-command to display my current
song played.

So i tried to hack bongo.el but my skills in elisp are near 0... so it
doesn't work at all. Here's what I made.

The trick is I decided to use the function bongo-show which is used to
display in the minibuffer the title of the song while you actually play
it. When you play foobar, it display /foobar/ in minibuffer so why add
something to display /foobar/ too in my RP's bar ?

First of all, I added (require 'ratpoison) at the top of bongo.el, then in
(defun bongo-show, after (message "%s" string) [line 8895], something like
that for testing purpose : (ratpoison-command lastmsg).

But while I hit play, I got a Symbol's value as variable is void : lastmsg

I've tried different other things (like (call-process ratpoison blabla) or
re defun ratpoison-command and defcustom ratpoison-programm _in_ bongo.el
and use it) but nothing works. I always get that message about a void
variable.

So my question: is someone made a hack of bongo.el like that and actually
made it work please ? Or maybe someone found an other way to display
current song (while it played) of bongo player in RP's bar ?

Thank you.

Regards,

- illovae.

--
CSM 'illovae' Seldon                 druuna (at) dud-t.org |