Re: [RP] Proposals: Cyrillic support and pop-ups handling

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] Proposals: Cyrillic support and pop-ups handling
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 11:11:50 -0700

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 1:48 AM, Stayvoid <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. Does ratpoison support Cyrillic?
> For example: If I press C-t 8 I will see gibberish symbols for windows
> with Cyrillic.
> Maybe something is wrong on my side, but I don't know how to test it.

I'm all for switching to unicode. I sorta thought it did utf-8 already
but I guess I'm wrong. I'm pretty certain it's just a matter of
calling different font drawing functions.

I also think ratpoison should use xkb.

But I don't have the time to do it. If anyone else is up for it, you
have my blessing.

-Shawn