Re: [RP] Running frames and full screen simultaneously

From: Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas
Subject: Re: [RP] Running frames and full screen simultaneously
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2013 16:05:36 +0200

Miroslav Stibor <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,

Hi,

> is it possible to run eg. web browser in full screen and xterms tiled
> simultaneously? For example in two virtual desktops, however I've
> learned there are no virtual desktops...

See below...

> I noticed there is a feature fdump/frestore, but i understood it is feasible
> only for one shot run.
>
> There's is also feature called group. But when I read documentation,
> I have no idea what is it good for. I suggest make this part of doc
> clearer.

I don't know about which part of the documentation you're referring to,
but here's a quote from the info manual:

  ratpoison provides functionality to group windows together. This
  coupled with saving and restoring frames configurations is what most
  people would call "virtual desktops" or "workspaces".

I'll also point at contrib/rpws (installed by default).

--
jca | PGP : 0x06A11494 / 61DB D9A0 00A4 67CF 2A90  8961 6191 8FBF 06A1 1494