Re: [RP] Unresponsive after 'tmpwm' ?

From: Fahri Cihan Demirci
Subject: Re: [RP] Unresponsive after 'tmpwm' ?
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 01:01:11 +0200

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 12:14:44PM +0100, Andrea Remondini wrote:
> Hello! I'm seeing this problem with Ratpoison 1.4.8 on Linux/x86_64:
> after a 'tmpwm' command, and after exiting the temporary wm, Ratpoison's
> input bar and the 'exec' input bar are unresponsive. No keystrokes are
> accepted. Killing Ratpoison seems to be the only way out.
>
> BTW, if the specified temp wm is inexistent, Ratpoison opens two
> unnamed windows that can't be closed. After that, the input bars are
> unresponsive.
>
> Can anyone confirm this behaviour?
>
> Thanks for your comments,
> AR

Hello Andrea,

For what it's worth, I can't seem to reproduce either behaviour. I tried pekwm
and a few tiling window managers in the same session and they all started up
normally and delegated the control back to ratpoison upon exit. Inputting a
bogus command for tempwm does not seem to cause any problems either.

I've tried both the master and 1.4.8 versions on the same platform; 64 bit
GNU/Linux. Could the problem be related to the temporary window manager you are
trying to run?