RE: [rdiff-backup-users] ACLs/EAs (who is the audience?)

From: Spicer, Kevin
Subject: RE: [rdiff-backup-users] ACLs/EAs (who is the audience?)
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 18:17:49 -0000

> 4.  Where ACLs and EAs are concerned, is a simple backup all that is
>     required, or would it be much more useful if the mirror files had
>     all the ACLs correctly mapped?

I'm not using ACL's, but if I was I would want rdiff-backup to map them all
correctly.  The reason being that my rdiff-backup to a remote machine exists
for two purposes...
1) Speedy restore of individual files / directories
2) Should the source machine die its users can be immediately switched to the
destination machine and carry on working on the mirror.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.