Re: [rdiff-backup-users] how can find a file in the backup?

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] how can find a file in the backup?
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:57:04 -0800

  FL> you can see it's not too easy although it's an essential part of
  FL> a backup system. so if I can suggest a further enhancement
  FL> please extend --list-changed-since to directory or to something
  FL> useful to find old files and directories.  thanks.

What do you mean about extending --list-changed-since?  You can
already restrict it to directories (although I updated the man page to
be more specific about this).

But anyway your suggestion makes sense.  I just added a --list-at-time
switch.  If you are familiar with CVS you can check the current
version out of CVS and see if that does what you want.  (But note the
current --list-changed-since and --list-at-time switches depend on
metadata files being present.)

--
Ben Escoto