[rdiff-backup-users] cygwin and 2GB files

From: Greg Freemyer
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] cygwin and 2GB files
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:26:57 -0500

I just tried rdiff-backup in a cygwin env. with a 2+ GB file.

It failed:

Is that a known problem?  Does anyone have a work around?  Is this another
reason for a native win32 version?

===
$ rdiff-backup dummy david::/tmp/dummy
address@hidden's password:
UpdateError bigfile Updated mirror temp file /tmp/dummy/rdiff-backup.tmp.0 does
not match source
===

FYI: The dummy dir only had the one file (bigfile) in it.

I suspect this is a cygwin issue.  I don't think it supports files over 2 GB.

Even "ls -l" shows that the wrong size.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer