[rdiff-backup-users] Win32 progress

From: Greg Freemyer
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Win32 progress
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:47:28 -0500

Ben,

I have rdiff-backup building for Win32.

I just posted an e-mail to librsync's devel list that describes how I got it to
not have any cygwin dependencies.

I then followed step one of the recipe at  (I posted this before)

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/82826

I am building inside a cygwin bash shell.

My .profile is:
==
PATH=$PATH:"/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Python-2.2.2"
LIBRSYNC_DIR='/usr/local'
==

I applied the cmodules.c patch I posted last week.

Then I built with:

 ntpython setup.py build --compiler=mingw32

Everything looks good.

I am now ready to start some testing, but I don't know how I should do that.

I definitely need to test inside a ntpython environment.  (i.e. Win32 python
renamed for ease of use.)

Can you tell how to start rdiff-backup once I start ntpython?

I tried:
$ cd rdiff-backup-0.11.4
$ ntpython
>>> import rdiff_backup
>>> rdiff_backup.Main("--version")

but it said

>>> rdiff_backup.Main("--version")
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Main'

TIA
Greg
--
Greg Freemyer