Re: [rdiff-backup-users] (no subject)

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:43:41 -0700

  JS> Hi, does anybody know the maximum file size which can
  JS> rdiff-backup handel?

It probably depends on your system.  rdiff-backup itself is usually
not an issue (there may be a hard coded limit of 56 bits (67 million
gigabytes) somewhere).

However versions of python before 2.3a1 I think could not produce
gzipped files greater than 2 or 4 GB, which could cause problems if
increment compression is on (the default) and a large non-compressable
changes.  A work-around is to disable increment compression.  See
--no-compression-regexp option in the man page (also this limitation
is listed in the BUGS section).

--
Ben Escoto