Re: [rdiff-backup-users] AssertionError: Found too many current_mirror i

From: Kevin Prichard
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] AssertionError: Found too many current_mirror incs!
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:21:51 -0500

Hi Ben, thanks for the prompt, courteous response!

I may be confusing terms.  I have many incremental backups within the backup
directory, about 48 (I'm counting files that start with "increments.").

If a current_mirror inc is not an increment (sounds like not), then what can I
do about restoring it to one?  The backup runs on a cron, so two at once isn't
really possible.  Perhaps the backup failed for reasons unknown and left the
current_mirror incs state at 2?

How to restore it to 1?

Thanks,

Kevin Prichard

Quoting Ben Escoto <address@hidden>:

> On Thu,  6 Nov 2003 00:27:40 -0500
> Kevin Prichard <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I know it's a dumb question, but how many current_mirror incs is too
> > many?  It'd be good to know the limit and maybe build in an early
> > warning that the limit is coming up.
> > line 664, in checkdest_need_check
> > AssertionError: Found too many current_mirror incs!
>
> 1 is the right number.  2 is how many there are during an rdiff-backup
> session, or after a failed rdiff-backup session.  3 or more is too
> many, and triggers that error.
>
> How many do you have?  Maybe you could list the recent files in your
> rdiff-backup-data directory.  Any idea how the problem started?  Maybe
> you started two rdiff-backup sessions simultaneously maybe?
>

> --
> Ben Escoto

Kevin Prichard