Re: [rdiff-backup-users] AssertionError: Found too many current_mirror i

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] AssertionError: Found too many current_mirror incs!
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:26:08 -0800

On Thu,  6 Nov 2003 09:21:51 -0500 Kevin Prichard <address@hidden> wrote:
> > How many do you have?  Maybe you could list the recent files in your
> > rdiff-backup-data directory.  Any idea how the problem started?  Maybe
> > you started two rdiff-backup sessions simultaneously maybe?
>
> I may be confusing terms.  I have many incremental backups within
> the backup directory, about 48 (I'm counting files that start with
> "increments.").
>
> If a current_mirror inc is not an increment (sounds like not), then
> what can I do about restoring it to one?  The backup runs on a cron,
> so two at once isn't really possible.  Perhaps the backup failed for
> reasons unknown and left the current_mirror incs state at 2?
>
> How to restore it to 1?

The current_mirror.* files are just 0 length regular files that
rdiff-backup touches so later version know when the last backup was.
I call them "increment files" because their filenames have that form,
and that is how the computer thinks of them.

So you can have as many old increments.<time>.dir files as you want,
but there should only be 1 "current_mirror.<time>.data|snapshot" file,
because the current mirror should only have one time.

Anyway, perhaps you could send me a list of the recent files in your
rdiff-backup-data directory?

--
Ben Escoto