Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: RPM, #!/usr/bin/python -> #!/usr/bin/python

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: RPM, #!/usr/bin/python -> #!/usr/bin/python2.2
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 10:15:45 -0800

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:16:21 -0800 Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> But on Debian, there is on python2, though there is python2.{1,2,3}
> if you have them installed.  (This being relevant for RPM packaging
> because someone was saying they use alien to install the RPMs on
> Debian...)

This is automatically determined by rpm and the python installation.
Python's distutils set the first line to point to whatever python
program executed the install script.  RPM sets file dependency to
whatever is pointed to on the first line of script.

On RH 7.2 these should both end up being set to /usr/bin/python2 I
think.

--
Ben Escoto