Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: RPM, #!/usr/bin/python -> #!/usr/bin/python

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: RPM, #!/usr/bin/python -> #!/usr/bin/python2.2
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 10:19:07 -0800

On 12 Nov 2003 11:43:24 +0100 Erik Forsberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> Are you sure about that? On my RH7.X boxes, there are most often _two_
> python packages installed. One python (1.5.2) and one python2 (2.2).
> That's true. Then go for /usr/bin/python2, which will at least
> guarantee you that you get a python 2.x. The RPM dependency should
> still be on /usr/bin/python2.2.

Try the rpm at:

http://rdiff-backup.stanford.edu/rdiff-backup-0.12.6-2.src.rpm

It should figure out whether to use python or python2 (this
functionality was originally added by Troels Arvin but has had to be
modified since then since the rest of the rpm is different).  The
dependency should end up being set to /usr/bin/python2, but I don't
think that's a problem.

--
Ben Escoto