Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Resource Forks and metadata file

From: Daniel Hazelbaker
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Resource Forks and metadata file
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 19:39:24 -0800

*nod* which is quite alright. This is a data only backup, no system
information. So it is basically 240GB of .psd, .doc, .xls, etc. files. So it
really doesn't matter. All it needs is the file data and resource data. As
bad as it sounds, we don't care about the system files on the machines
because we can do a full re-install faster than we could to a restore.
(After around 100 installs, you get it down to a fine science :)).