[rdiff-backup-users] Filechange during backup

From: Olav Langeland
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Filechange during backup
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:31:54 +0100

Hi,

from the rdiff-backup error policy:
"These are usually caused by a file being modified as rdiff-backup is
processing it. The error log calls these UpdateErrors.
When this type of error occurs, rdiff-backup will pretend that the file
is the same as it is in the destination directory. For an incremental
backup, this means that no new increment will be written, and the mirror
copy will not be updated."

Found this out when I tried to backup web- and maillogs. Any workaround
for it? Not counting rotating logs before backup or making a separate
scp command for logfiles. I would be happy with something that makes
rdiff-backup ignore filesize changing during backup and just copy the
file :)

Any help appreciated.

Regards
Olav Langeland