Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Filechange during backup

From: Neil
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Filechange during backup
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:24:20 +0000

Hi

So you would need something with LVM snapshot like capabilities on the FreeBSD
boxes?

Back to the problem
What are you trying to get from var?

perhaps rdiff-backup isn't the best tool for log files anyway unless you are
filtering them at some later point and want to keep before and after

could using a syslog server be a better solution for the changing logs?
maillogs will happily go that way, though it might give web (apache?)
problems if you have high load
could run syslog server on a box with lvm and have the snapshot you need

then rdiff-backup everything apart from the logs

that should reduce the problem, not remove it though

Neil