Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "Device not configured" Error on OS X

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "Device not configured" Error on OS X
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 22:00:21 -0700

> Hi, can anyone give me a hand with this? I'm still getting the same
> error when I try to back up /, and I'm completely stumped. All I can
> figure out is that given the filenames at the very bottom, it's
> occurring while rdiff-backup tries to collect its internal backup
> info (diffs, etc.).

Well if you set your verbosity higher you can at least tell where the
error is happening.  I have no idea when an error '[Errno 6] Device
not configured' is raised---perhaps the circumstances are particular
to your OS.

So I would try raising your verbosity to see which file caused the
problem.  If it happens all the time on the file because it is not a
normal data file or is corrupted somehow, you could --exclude it from
your backups.

--
Ben Escoto