Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Error during backup

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Error during backup
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 22:04:00 -0700

> I have setup the mailserver I have in my care to do a backup every 2nd
> hour to an NFS share, using rdiff-backup 0.12.8. But this error keeps
> happening:
> OSError: [Errno 39] Directory not empty:
> Is this a problem on my side or a bug?

Hi I've seen this error discussed before here, and think it may in in
the FAQ or on the wiki.  IIRC the basic problem is NFS not honoring
the order of certain operations (i.e. rdiff-backup deletes all the
files, and removes the directory, while NFS deletes most of the files,
and then tries remove the directory.)

I forget what the workaround was besides not using NFS.

--
Ben Escoto