Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Version 1.0.0 released

From: Clint Silvester
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Version 1.0.0 released
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:12:16 -0600

Ben Escoto wrote:

Version 1.0.0 has been released.  This release comes from the 0.13.x
tree, and could have been called 0.13.7.

rdiff-backup is more than four years old now, so I thought it's time
it had a version 1+.  (Originally I was going to wait until librsync
had their version 1.0, but I'm not sure that's ever going to happen
:))  And the basic rdiff-backup functions are pretty stable.  Features
recent to the 0.13.x tree like resource forks or ACLs may just be
considered beta.

Here is the relevant part of the CHANGELOG since 0.13.6:
I don't see anything about the redone algorithm that possibly fixes the problem with files greater than 25 gig. Last time there was discussion I think it was supposed to be:

if file_len < 4096: return 64 # set minimum of 64 bytes
else: return long(pow(file_len, 0.5)/16)*16

in Rdiff.py to replace the filelen/2000. I've since given up on using rdiff-backup for files as large as this, and never tested the changes, but I saw the release announcement and thought this might have been overlooked since it doesn't look like it's been changed in the cvsweb.

Clint Silvester