Re: [rdiff-backup-users] RDIFF-F!CKUP (Very frusttrated)

From: Dave Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] RDIFF-F!CKUP (Very frusttrated)
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 23:06:54 +1000

Golden Butler wrote:

> I'm still relatively a newbie to linux even though I've been using it
> for almost two years, so excuse me for the ignorance.  What is
> "strace", and how would I be able to use to track down this segfault
> problem?

strace follows a program and tracks down system calls etc. Its sometimes
useful, though generates a massive output for most things. If its
install simply doing 'strace command' will give you an idea.

Anyway, its probably not going to help you that much - its output is
pretty confusing.

can you try backing up to and from the same filesystem - ie try
rdiff-backup -v7 /home /tmp/home-backup

dave