Re: [rdiff-backup-users] cygwin fsyncing again

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] cygwin fsyncing again
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 21:58:20 -0500

> since we are using windows, we have come to accept we don't live in
> an ideal world :) I think we are prepared to accept not entirely
> safe. Perhaps a warning at the start of the backup might be
> sufficient :)

That shouldn't be too hard, but is there really no better solution?
Why doesn't windows have fsync?  I mean, it must have some system call
that does exactly the same thing, but cygwin just doesn't map it?

If there's no way to do it then I'll just add a test to fs_abilities,
and display that warning you mentioned if the filesystem doesn't
support fsync.

--
Ben Escoto