Re: [rdiff-backup-users] os.makedirs Security Violation

From: Mike Bydalek
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] os.makedirs Security Violation
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 08:19:19 -0700

Keith Edmunds wrote:
Mike Bydalek wrote:
It seems like it doesn't want to create the subdirectories due to a Security Violation. Since I am running as a non-privileged user on the backup server, is that causing the problems?

If the user under which you are running on the backup server does not have the permissions to create the directory tree then yes.

If you have interactive access to the backup server you can try this out with:

    mkdir -p home/mbydalek/bleh

That's just the thing, the permissions on the backup server are all set correctly. The problem isn't with permissions at all because even I login as address@hidden, I still get the Security Violation error.

It just seems like this option is broken. If I try running rdiff-backup on my client as root and connect to the backup server as root, I get the same error.

Any other ideas for me to try? Also, where would I submit a bug report if this is a bug?

I'm not really familiar with Python too much, so is there a setting or something that's preventing this from running in a global config somewhere?

Thanks,
Mike