Re: [rdiff-backup-users] os.makedirs Security Violation

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] os.makedirs Security Violation
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:03:30 -0500

> > $ python
> >
> > ...and let me know what happens. You can remove the superflous
> > directories after with "rm -r /home/mbydalek/x".
> Since I am doing it relative to backupuser's home directory, I left out
> the first /.  That said, the code above worked just fine.

The "security violation" is raised by rdiff-backup's internal security
scheme.  Recently (v1.0.0?) a hole was plugged in it, and as an
unintended consequence some options like --create-full-path may now
cause false positives.

Please run rdiff-backup again with -v7 and post all the traceback
information it spews before the crash.

--
Ben Escoto