Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Mac OS X 10.4 rdiff-backup woes

From: Blair Zajac
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Mac OS X 10.4 rdiff-backup woes
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:35:19 -0700

Scott Lamb wrote:
On 22 Oct 2005, at 10:44, Yannick Wurm wrote:

Hi list,

has anyone succesfully used rdiff on Mac OS X Tiger?

Yes.

I installed rdiff-backup 0.13.6 via 'fink install rdiff-backup'.

rdiff-backup is on version 1.0.1. If that's fink's latest, bypass it and download rdiff-backup yourself.

The latest version of any package in Fink is always in the unstable branch. The stable branch typically has older, more well tested code which is known to work. When a package in the unstable branch has had no complaints for a while, it's up to the package maintainer to move it over from unstable to stable.

In Fink's case, the latest version in unstable is 1.0.1. I'll be moving the 1.0.1 over to stable tonight.

Regards,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.