[rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Bad rdiff-backup-data dir on destinati

From: Noah
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Bad rdiff-backup-data dir on destination side
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 06:56:20 -0800

I am hoping there is a way around starting the backup process over again.  I
had  it running for about 6 hours and then the connection to my home server
was lost.  Any clues if there is anything I can do instead of completely
blowing away the rdiff-backup-data directory.  That essentially means I have
to start the process over completely.  Also I am wondering if there is
something that I can do in the future since I could start the process again
and my cable modem server at home becomes isolated.  How can I easily recover
from the situation without having to start completely over.

--- snip ---

Fatal Error: Bad rdiff-backup-data dir on destination side

The rdiff-backup data directory
/home/backup/typhoon/rdiff-backup-data
exists, but we cannot find a valid current_mirror marker.  You can
avoid this message by removing the rdiff-backup-data directory;
however any data in it will be lost.

Probably this error was caused because the first rdiff-backup session
into a new directory failed.  If this is the case it is safe to delete
the rdiff-backup-data directory because there is no important
information in it.

--- snip ---

here is the command I use:

/usr/local/bin/rdiff-backup --force --print-statistics
--exclude-globbing-filelist /root/cron_scripts/rdiff-backup.exclude /
address@hidden::/home/backup/backup_dir