[rdiff-backup-users] Anyone with success on AIX 5L?

From: Les Barstow
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Anyone with success on AIX 5L?
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 15:16:29 -0700

I am trying to get rdiff-backup up and running on my AIX 5L (RS/6000, POWER4) system and am getting a lot of grief for my troubles.

I don't have the AIX compiler, so am using gcc (but the AIX linker, because the GNU linker doesn't know how to make a shared library). librsync 0.9.7 fails running ./configure with an error message saying it can't determine the size of unsigned char.

I don't suppose anyone has a shared library version of librsync that would match my system config that they'd be willing to share?

--
Les Barstow