[rdiff-backup-users] Struggling to find correct globbing expression

From: Jean Jordaan
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Struggling to find correct globbing expression
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:39:53 +0200

Hi all

For the life of me, I can't figure out the right expressions to match
what I want to backup.
I want to use a command like this:

rdiff-backup --include-globbing-filelist filelist.txt server.org::/
/home/jean/backup/

filelist.txt should specify that I want only these directories:

/var/one/
/var/two/
/usr/local/one/
/usr/local/two/

but I don't want any .svn, *.pyc or event.log files, wherever they appear.

Could some kind soul perhaps help me out? I've read the manpage 100
times and it hasn't helped.

--