[rdiff-backup-users] how to exclude mount point on destination,

From: lo73fr
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] how to exclude mount point on destination,
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 13:17:05 -0400

Hi,

Thanks for you reply.

If I remove the --force, it will not work at all.

rdiff-backup -v 5 --exclude-other-filesystems --exclude-symbolic-links /opt
address@hidden::/opt

It will complains about

"
Fatal Error: Destination directory

/opt

exists, but does not look like a rdiff-backup directory.  Running
rdiff-backup like this could mess up what is currently in it.  If you
want to update or overwrite it, run rdiff-backup with the --force
option."

because of the destination mountpoint /opt/apache being present.

If I add --force options, it fails try to removing the destinations
"/opt/apache".

I also try using --exclude-if-present, it the same.
I don't see any changes.

I have tried version 1.0.5 as well as last dev version 1.1.16.

   Laurent.