[rdiff-backup-users] removing a single file from a backup

From: martin f krafft
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] removing a single file from a backup
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:45:48 +0200

During last night's backup of a machine, we accidentally included
a 700Gb file in the backup, which makes our backup machine creak.
We've since removed the file and in 60 days, it'll be gone from the
backup (we purge snapshots older than 60 days), but I was wondering
if it were possible to remove this file from all snapshots. If
I never want to restore it, could I just truncate it in the
rdiff-backup directory, ie. replace it with an empty file? Or would
that screw up rdiff-backup?

"arrogance on the part of the meritorious is even more
 offensive to us than the arrogance of those without merit:
 for merit itself is offensive."
                                              -- friedrich nietzsche

spamtraps: address@hidden