[rdiff-backup-users] using rdiff-backup on complete drives

From: Madan Kumar
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] using rdiff-backup on complete drives
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:41:05 +0530

Hi All,

I am using rdiff-backup on windows XP and Vista. I have rdiff-backup1.1.17. I am using it on Cygwin.

I am able to get the backup as well as able to restore the backups on directory level.
Following are the commands for backup and restoring::
to backup - $rdiff-backup I:/source Dest
to restore - $rdiff-backup -r now Dest I:/source
It is working well.

Can I use it on complete drive? I want to take the backup of complete drive(partition of hard drive) and restore it as well.
I am easily taking the backup of drive:: $rdiff-backup I:/ Dest   with this command I get the backup of I:\ drive in to Dest\ directory.
Now I am facing the problem while restoring it.
When I execute this command to restore it: : $rdiff-backup -r now Dest I:/    It gives me a long error message.
I am able to restore it (backup of I:\ drive) in to any directory:: $rdiff-backup -r now Dest I:/dir ,
But I do not want to restore it in to a directory(I:/dir). I want to restore in to I:\ drive.

Please suggest me some way so I can get it.

Thanks Regards
M Chauhan