Re: [rdiff-backup-users] UnicodeEncodeError Mac OS X 10.5

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] UnicodeEncodeError Mac OS X 10.5
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:18:03 -0400

On Jul 23, 2008, at 4:14 PM, Max Duessar wrote:
Oh, that's good to hear; sorry for the false alarm. You were right, it
compiled fine. I've installed the CVS version and tested it out. I'm
now getting this message:

Warning: unable to store Unicode extended attribute
u':COM.APPLE.METADATA\uf022KMDITEMWHEREFROMS:$DATA'

Does this fall in line with what you mentioned before about warnings
vs. errors? It seemed to work fine, but just wanted to check.

Yup.

Additionally, not all errors are fatal for rdiff-backup, see the error policy:

http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/error_policy.html

Andrew