[rdiff-backup-users] error while restoring

From: Madan Kumar
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] error while restoring
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:04:13 +0530

Hi All,

I am very thankfull to you to provide me such support and guidence.
I am using rdiff-backup on windowsXP and on windows Vista using cygwin.

I can get the backups and restore it by running Cygwin.bat it is in C:\Cygwin\ folder. Or I can do the same by running bash.exe file it is in C:\Cygwin\bin\ folder.
case1- By Running Cygwin.bat--
Suppose I need to get the backup of one folder(F:\Source) and I save the backup to G:\Dest folder. (No prob its happening) and the command is $rdiff-backup -b F:/Source G:/Dest.
Now If I restore it by running the command $rdiff-backup -r now G:/Dest F:/Source It gives me one error message "Fatel Error- Could Not Find rdiff-backup repository at G:/Dest".
I am not able to understand why this error is occuring?
If I take the back up using the command- $rdiff-backup -b F:/Source Dest. Then this backup folder(Dest) automatically saved to C:\Cygwin\Home\Administrator folder. While restoring I run the command $rdiff-backup -r now Dest F:/Source. This time it is restoring successfully.

case 2- By Running bash.exe--
Problem is same but while taking the backups it stores to C:\Cygwin\bin folder.

Now my question is- Is it the limitation of rdiff-backup that you can take the backup only to the folders that I mention above?
If I want to take the backup of any folder to the destination specified by me, then how can I restore it form there?

Please give me some helpfull?

Thanks & Regards
M Chauhan