Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Ubuntu rdiff-backup PPA?

From: Andreas Olsson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Ubuntu rdiff-backup PPA?
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 17:30:05 +0100

On Tuesday 10 February 2009 17:20:17 Andrew Ferguson wrote:
> I'm just happy to see more recent rdiff-backup packages appearing in
> the Ubuntu universe. Many thanks for taking on this project. Many of
> the bug reports in the past have been due to old releases.
>
> I have a launchpad account which is somehow associated with the rdiff-
> backup project (so that I can manage bug reports). Let me know if you
> need any help getting your PPA "blessed" or whatever, or if there's a
> link I should put on the rdiff-backup webpage.

Okey, I'll start setting it up when I get home from work tonight.

There is one part I'd like some advice on. That is whatever the PPA should
donly contain prestine versions of rdiff-backup or it would be okey to
include minor patches.

For example; the rdiff-backup 1.2.6 I currently have in my private PPA is
patched not to complain about pyxattr being old. This seemed okey since I
know that involved Ubuntu versions actually include a sufficient new version
of pyxattr.

// Andreas