[rdiff-backup-users] Problems excluding files

From: Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Problems excluding files
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 23:46:40 +0100

Hello everybody,

My name's Francisco and I'm from Spain. :-)

I was looking for a good solution for my remote backups and I did try
rdiff-backup, and I'm very satisfied with the result and its features,
but there's one that I still do not dominate, that's including/excluding
files.

I've a host called "marzoa.com" with some webpages that I want to backup
but excluding log dirs. All my web pages has a directory structure like:

/var/www/domain.com/logs
/var/www/domain.com/web

I want to avoid those /var/www/*/logs directory but I do not want to
write an entry for each one, so I did try using wildcards but without
success.

I did try with a file with this text, that's passed to rdiff-backup
using --include---include-globbing-filelist:

+ /var/www
- /var/www/*/logs*
- **

But it didn't work.  I also tried with other forms like just:

- logs

Or:

- **logs

And so on... but none seems to works, some fails producing python
errors, but others simply copies the log files anyway, so...

What can I do?

TIA :-)